Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 39 – Hoodsport WA to Mount Vernon WA August 7, 2011

 

Today’s Mileage: 169
Miles to Date:      2069

Our trek from Hoodsport to Mount Vernon was uneventful and we made it past Seattle and Bellevue on I-5 and I-405 before some of the portions were closed down for the Navy’s Blue Angels airshow. We managed to be traveling on the annual Seattle’s Sea Fair weekend.

Day 39 RouteToday’s Route

In route we stopped at two rest stops both of which had free coffee and either pastries or cookies. A rest stop on the way to Hoodsport also had free coffee and cookies.  My first thought was that Starbucks might be sponsoring the free coffee since I believe that Starbucks headquarters is in Washington State. I asked the people working the booth today and it turns out that my guess was wrong. The booths are run by various organizations. This particular booth was run by volunteers from the Masons. The volunteer group supplies the people, coffee and sweets. They do of course accept donations. Mik did not care for pastries but he did enjoy the cookies.

IMG_0329
Display at the I-5 rest stop where we had lunch

IMG_0330

As many of you that followed our far northwest travel blog last summer may have notice there have been no pictures / video taken from the coach this year. The reason for this lack of video is that I have been unable to get my best boy grip (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grip_%28job%29) to work with the camera on this trip.

I, as key grip, will need to work on this problem and see if I can come up with another solution.

No comments: